An Easy-to-Follow Study Guide for Solar Electric Certification Programs
UPDATED November 2020!
The solar industry is rapidly changing and evolving and it is critical that our training materials keep pace.
With this in mind, we have revised this popular text, adding about 30% more content (but maintaining the same affordable price).
The new text is now available and the online training program is harmonized with it.
Field tested by hundreds of students in schools around the U.S. and Canada, this easy-to-follow text is designed to take an extremely “non-technical” student with zero background in PV, and literally teach them how to design and install a variety of residential PV systems.
This text is also designed to help prepare students who wish to sit for industry-accepted certification programs such as the ETA Level 1 PV Certification or the NABCEP PV Certification Program.
Each chapter contains multiple choice review questions, as well as labs that comply with “hands-on” requirement of the ETA certification.
What’s new in this edition?
- Incorporates changes in the 2020 NEC
- Expands international codes and standards references
- Integration of new and emerging technologies and practices
- Expanded by over 100 pages
- Full color electronic copy, fully searchable
- More detailed discussion on topics such as:
- how the grid functions and PV’s impact on it
- disconnect issues, six-handle rule
- charging lithium ion batteries and integrating them into PV systems
- evolving smart inverter technology
- module level power electronics
- calculating total solar resource factors
- NEMA ratings
- inverter load ratio issues, clipping
- designing AC coupled systems
- effect of ripple on battery based systems
- supply side and load side connection options and issues
- remote site assessment issues
- electric vehicle charging stations
- torque specifications and issues during installation
- and much more
This 398-page textbook includes the following chapters:
- Introduction to Photovoltaics
- Solar Cells and Solar Modules
- Types of Photovoltaic Systems
- Basic Electrical Concepts
- Parts of the PV System
- Conducting a Site Survey
- Designing the System
- Installing the Balance of Systems
- Testing and Commissioning the System
- System Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Chapter Objectives
- Chapter Review Questions
- 25 Hands-On Labs
- Hundreds of Illustrations and Tables
- Easy-to-Read narrative
- Highlighted and Indexed Terms
* Plus shipping ($4.00 within USA). A 7.25% sales tax will be added for Ohio residents.
Sample Pages (Just to give you a taste of what you will be getting)
Full classroom support (lab descriptions and diagrams, presentation PowerPoints, course objectives, remote online training option, practice problems and more) available that correspond to the text. FREE Desk Copies available for review (simply contact us to discuss)
Detailed answer keys for practice problems, Dozens of practice scenarios with answer key, Lab instruction and notes. Lab kits are also available. Updated annually. Electronic versions available.