This course is designed for beginners, so experience with electric or electronics is not necessary.
A significant number of community colleges and technical schools have adopted this program and several thousand students have received industry certification after completing this course, the required hands-on tasks, and passing the industry exam since the program began.
These class focuses on the skills and knowledge required to design and install residential-scale solar electrical systems.
This course content includes:
• Basic Principles and Concepts of Power
• Basic Principles and Concepts of Photovoltaics
• The Economics of Photovoltaics
• Photovoltaic System Options and Components
• Standard system configurations
• Site assessment
• Designing a PV system
• Battery Systems
• System Installation
• Permits and Required Agreements
• Testing and Commissioning the System
• System Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Accessible anywhere, uses LearnDash learning platform through WordPress site, so can be accessed through any web browser
- Tracks with the provided textbook. Course organized into 11 chapters, 71 major topic areas – with 11 review quizzes, 25 lab projects
- Over 550 narrated slides, dozens of integrated videos, links to online resources and materials for added comprehension
- Instructor virtual office hours – so you can ask questions and receive guidance to assist you as you navigate the course
- Course discussion group – chat with others on the course to share questions, concerns and resources
- This course has been approved for 40 hours CEU in preparation for the ETA-I (Electronic Technicians Association International) PV Level 1 certification program. A hands-on lab, as well as the ETA certification exam are required to obtain ETA certification – they are NOT included in this online course. We do offer online and in-person hybrid options that contain all three components to qualify for ETA certification. Contact us if you are interested in obtaining certification.
- This course has been approved for 32 hours of Advanced Accredited training in preparation or renewal of the NABCEP PV certification exam (additional NABCEP approvals in sidebar of this page)
- Assistance with registering to take either the ETA or NABCEP certification programs (if your goal is to obtain certification)
- Instructor can monitor student progress, obtain test scores, integrate assignments, conduct discussion forum
- This course has been approved for 35 hours of LA CES health, safety, and welfare Professional Development Hours. It appears to comply with the AIA definition of Health, Safety and Welfare (HSW) – related training. While the Engineering organizations do not pre-approve courses, this structured course also appears to meet the qualification requirements for 35 hours Continuing Professional Development Education hours as defined by the State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Surveyors.
- This course has been approved for 24 hours towards renewal of Wisconsin electrical contractors licenses. More information…