This course is designed for those new to solar. Ideal for folks wishing to understand the fundamentals of how solar photovoltaic systems work – but are not necessarily going to design or install systems at this time.
This course is ideal for homeowners interested in solar, electricians thinking they may wish to expand into the solar marketplace, building owners or architects who have questions about how solar might be incorporated into their facilities, or consultants who are increasingly being asked about solar and how solar electric systems work.
This course content includes:
• Basic Principles and Concepts of Power
• Basic Principles and Concepts of Photovoltaics
• The Economics of Photovoltaics
• Photovoltaic System Options and Components
• Standard system configurations
• Site assessment
- Accessible anywhere, uses LearnDash learning platform through WordPress site, so can be accessed through any web browser
- Tracks with the provided textbook. Course organized into 6 chapters, 48 major topic areas – with 6 review quizzes, 6 lab projects
- Over 550 narrated slides, dozens of integrated videos, links to online resources and materials for added comprehension
- Instructor virtual office hours – so you can ask questions and receive guidance to assist you as you navigate the course
- Course discussion group – chat with others on the course to share questions, concerns and resources