An Easy-to-Follow Study Guide for Solar Electric Certification Programs
UPDATED June 2019! Field tested by hundreds of students in schools around the U.S., this easy-to-follow text is designed to take an extremely “non-technical” student with zero background in PV, and literally teach them how to design and install a variety of residential PV systems.
This text is also designed to help prepare students who wish to sit for industry-accepted certification programs such as the ETA Level 1 PV Certification or the NABCEP PV Certificate Program.
Each chapter contains multiple choice review questions, as well as labs that comply with “hands-on” requirement of the ETA certification.
This 294-page textbook includes the following chapters:
- Introduction to Photovoltaics
- Solar Cells and Solar Modules
- Types of Photovoltaic Systems
- Basic Electrical Concepts
- Parts of the PV System
- Conducting a Site Survey
- Designing the System
- Installing the Balance of Systems
- Testing and Commissioning the System
- System Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Chapter Objectives
- 200 Chapter Review Questions
- 23 Hands-On Labs
- 180 Illustrations and Tables
- Easy-to-Read narrative
- Highlighted and Indexed Terms
- Updated with Changes from the 2017 NEC
294-page Textbook: Price $59.99 US * (for paper version)
* Plus shipping ($4.00 within USA). A 7% sales tax will be added for Ohio residents.
Sample Pages (Just to give you a taste of what you will be getting)Student Discount: If you are using this textbook as part of a course at a university, community college, or trade school, you are eligible for a 15% discount – Price $50.99 US
Classroom Power Points available that correspond to the text. FREE Desk Copies available for review (simply contact us to discuss)
Detailed answer keys for practice problems, Dozens of practice scenarios with answer key, Lab instruction and notes. Lab kits are also available. Updated annually. Electronic versions available.